Remember British Historian Felipe Fernandez-Armesto, who was arrested after rumbling over jaywalking? Well, he's still got his Union-Jack boxers in a twist over the incident. The Atlanta PD issued a 101 page report clearing the police officer, and the professor is still unable to shut up and go back to writing meaningless academic drivel.
I would think a man with multiple academic degrees could read "Atlanta Police" on a jacket. Or deduce that he's subject to the laws of the country he's in, not the country he's from. I visited Italy several years ago. The police carry around submachine guns. If an officer there had yelled at me, I'd have been as submissive as a twink in a gay leather bar. This weenie from the U.K reminds me of Yankees who announce "that's not how we do it in (whatever Northern City)". Dude---you don't like it, Hartsfield International operates 24/7. You insist on doing things your way anyhow, you'll be exploring our legal system from the inside.
Professor Pretentiously-Hyphenated-Last-Name has announced that his "goodwill is not inexhaustible". Apparently neither is his penchant for being an a#&hole.